Bachelor of Computing Science Degree
Admission to the BCS program requires two previous years of related post-secondary study.
In addition to providing concentrations in database systems, networking technologies and software engineering, the BCS degree will:
- Enable students in academic streams to obtain marketable skills by complementing their two years of academic study with the two years in applied computing science.
- Allow students with a two-year Computing Science Diploma to continue their education and obtain a Degree in Computing Science.
- Permit students in the B.Sc. and B.A. degrees more course options, including obtaining a minor in Computing Science.
- Unique Aspects of BCS
- Several of the courses are broken up into two components: one component dealing with implementation is reviewed annually to determine if changes need to be made to keep up with changes in technology, while the other component is reviewed less often because it deals mainly with principles which are less likely to change often.
- There are several routes into the degree program that allows for much greater flexibility.